LTRA offers a competitive compensation package and benefits, and provides our team members with the opportunity to professionally develop at a rapidly growing firm. LTRA is an equal opportunity employer.
Our firm’s well-established and rapidly growing Survey Department is currently seeking the following candidates for the following positions:
Registered Professional Land Surveyor (RPLS)
Position Summary: The RPLS/project surveyor position requires experience with Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) related right-of-way mapping documents and deliverables, along with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Valid registration as a RPLS in the State of Texas (preferred)
- TxDOT Precertification in survey categories
- Ability to work in MicroStation/GEOPAK
- Familiar with Trimble Business Office
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Flexibility to travel in state for short periods, if needed
Senior Survey Technician
Position Summary: This is the perfect position for Surveyor-in-Training (SIT) applicants wanting to advance their career path and will provide an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience on a variety of transportation related projects. The senior survey technician will be required to assist the firm’s RPLS’s in deed research, analysis of existing highway right-of-ways and adjoining property owners boundaries, legal description writing, and field note reduction for creating DTM’s in the preparation of planimetric and topographic surveys.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role
- SIT/Certified Survey Technician preferred, but not required
- Must have experience with survey data reduction and base mapping for design surveys
- Must have boundary survey, plats, and right-of-way document preparation experience (TxDOT experience preferred)
- Must be proficient in MicroStation/GEOPAK
- Must have experience with Trimble Business Office
- Must have experience with DOT deliverables
Position Summary: The survey technician is required to assist the firm’s RPLS’s in the processing of planimetric and topographic surveys.
- Review and process field survey data daily
- Verify accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites
- Perform Quality Control checks
- Ensure all project schedules and deadlines are achieved on-time or ahead of schedule
- Excellent computer and technical skills, including MicroStation/GEOPAK
- Strong mathematical background, including algebra, geometry, and trigonometry
- Overall team player, excellent communicator, and strong work ethic are a must
Survey Field Technician
Position Summary: The survey field technician is required to regularly work outside. The preferred candidate will be an excellent communicator, assertive problem-solver, and overall team player. The candidate will be required to lift and/or move up to 50-70 lbs. A positive attitude and flexibility are a must. The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task, adapt well to pressure, customer service oriented, and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Provide assistance and perform duties as directed by the Party Chief
- Adhere to safety procedures at all times
- Cut and clear brush from trees from line of survey
- Load/unload equipment and prepare trucks for daily jobs
- Responsible for job specific quality system tasks, as defined in the quality manual
- Minimum of a high school/GED diploma is required
- Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and successfully complete a drug screening and background check
- Candidates must possess a neat appearance at all times and be prepared for various weather conditions
- Basic mathematics are required, in addition to a general understanding of algebra, trigonometry, and geometry are also a plus
- Familiarity with survey instruments is a plus
- Short term out of town travel is possible (hotel and per diem expenses provided)